Thursday, December 22, 2011

Welcome to Widdershins IronWorks!

Thanks for stopping by!  Here you'll find (as you might expect) pics and posts from and about my forge.  Where to start?  Well, how about at the beginning?  Here's how I built the forge...

 The table was made from an old garden cart I got from FreeCycle (great group on Yahoo!...check it out).  I built the base from treated lumber.
 Here you can see the hole for the firepot.
The firepot.  This is a brake rotor I kept from my old Subaru and a section of 2.25" steel pipe.  I ground the threads off the end of the pipe and cut/bent tabs to hold it in.

 Completed forge with wheels, pipes, blower, and control switch installed.
 Completed forge with wheels, pipes, blower, and control switch installed.
Completed forge with wheels, pipes, blower, and control switch installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment